Monday 3 February 2014

STRAW DIPPED NAILS & A TUTORIAL

Hey guys, how are you all?
So the other day when I was climbing into bed I was struck by nailspiration! Using a straw to make circles on the nails, how cool would that be? Anyways the next day I'd forgotten all about it until I sat at my nail desk and saw a straw in my pen pot (don't ask!)
I decided to try it out and well I love it, it's really simple and easy to do and I've created a tutorial to help you. 
For this design I used Illamasqua Load for the base colours and then used Illamasqua Grab, Urban Outfitters  Bandeau and Color Club Chelsea Club. 
Click on the read more to see the tutorial. 












Click on to see the tutorial




What you will need:


Base Coat (not pictured)
Base Colour (I used Illamasqua Load)
3 different coloured polishes to make the rings with
 Straw
Top Coat


STEP 1 - Apply base colour after base coat and allow to fully dry.


STEP 2 - Dip the end of the straw in the nail polish and dab on a piece of paper to remove any excess polish.

STEP 3 - Place the end of the polished straw gently onto the nail, if your nails are very curved rock the straw slowly side to side to get a full circle. Don't worry about getting any polish on your skin, that will be cleaned off later. I find starting with your darkest colour gives a better overall effect. 

STEP 4 - Repeat step 2 and 3 using your next colour

STEP 5 - Repeat step 2 and 3 using your final colour

STEP 5 - Clean up using a brush or cotton bud and apply a generous amount of topcoat. Make sure your rings are dry to prevent smudging.


Didn't I tell you it was really simple? It takes a little bit of practice so your first 2 nails might not turn out exactly how you want them to but it's very easy to master so don't feel deflated if that happens to you! 
If you try it out, feel free to share with me via Email/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter etc. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but please don't spam with your blog links, if you want me to look at your blog please drop me an email at nail-loopy@hotmail.co.uk instead, thanx : )